In 2019, Three Rivers Business Alliance Foundation was established to assist 3RBA fund its educational programming and allow 3RBA to concentrate on being a membership association.
The Foundation's mission is to educate, inspire and empower members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered and other nonconforming persons (LGBT+) business community and their allies in the Pittsburgh/Greater Allegheny region and build a stronger overall economy and community.
The Foundation's goals are to:
- Provide professional and business development education and programming for LGBT+ business professionals, entrepreneurs and small business owners and their allies;
- Fund scholarships and grants to deserving LGBT+ residents so that they may develop skills and become more successful;
- Fund studies and reports on the impact of LGBT+ businesses in the Pittsburgh/Greater Allegheny region;
- Engage in activities that foster diversity, inclusion and growth; and
- Do all things which shall be lawful and appropriate in furtherance of these stated goals.
Some of the projects the Foundation is looking to fund are:
- $1,500 for a Lunch & Learn for 30 participants. $6,000 for 4 lunches in 2019/2020;
- $5,000 for a pull out section in the Pittsburgh Business Times or other similar publication to highlight LGBT+ business owners;
- $2,500 to video our programs and post them on our website; and
- $10,000 in scholarships for LGBT+ business owner development and skills training.
Diamond: $25,000+Ways to Donate:
Ruby: $10,000 - $24,999
Emerald: $5,000 - $9,999
Sapphire: $2,500 - $4,999
Garnet: $1,000 - $2,499
You can donate by mailing a check to:
Three Rivers Business Alliance Foundation
535 Smithfield Street, Suite 1300
Pittsburgh, PA 15222